5 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade to LED Lights
Traditional lights, such as, incandescent, fluorescent and halogen lights are on their way out as LED lights take over. LED or Light Emitting Diode lights, gained the top spot from all the benefits they offer.
Here are 5 reasons why LED lights are taking over the bulb market:
More Energy Efficient
- They produce 75% less heat than a traditional light bulb.
- LED lights are more energy efficient; they use up to 80% less energy than a traditional light. This is beneficial for spaces that have lights on for an extended period, including schools, warehouse, and common areas in residential properties. They convert electricity to lights, whereas traditional lights create light by heating up metal filament or gas in the blub to generate light.
Longer Life Span
- Since LED blubs are more efficient than traditional bulbs, they have a significantly longer life span.
- LED lights produce the same amount of light as traditional lights, with significantly less energy. By making the switch, you may see a noticeable reduction in your energy bill.
- LED lights also have a longer life span than traditional lights, so while they may cost more upfront, they will save money over time since they do not have to be replaces as often.
- They produce 75% less heat than a traditional light bulb. While they a get warm, they are not hot to the touch
- High CRI- Color Rendering Index
- Fluorescent lighting can strain your eyes, LED lights can be easier on your eyes
- LED lights produce the same color through their whole life span.
- Offers a large array of color options
- The color temperature of an LED can be adjusted to get the right lighting for the area.